Join YPT this summer in a land that we know and love, the nuclear wasteland of Chernobyl and some of the lesser seen sites of Ukraine, inclusive of tanks, guns and lots of dark tourism.
Our first night takes us to Palata No 6, one of our favourite places and recently featured in the list of “10 places to drink in before you die”.
We then venture for 1 night and 2 days within the the nuclear exclusion zone of Chernobyl, featuring the ghost city of Pripyat. Led by our guide who was born inside the exclusion zone, we can guarantee access to places that most visitors never see. We will spend our final night of the first part of the tour in the eerie silence of the exclusion zone in a Soviet hotel in the safe area of Chernobyl town.
For those extending their experience with us for our Group B Ukraine extension, you begin the day with some sightseeing around Kiev, which is particularly beautiful in summer, inclusive of one of the best war museums, as well as the chance to buy Soviet kitsch. We then finish the day by firing AK-47s and driving tanks, or as we like to say a classic day in Kiev.
We then head south exploring the infamous Stalin line and surrounding area, before heading to the recently decommissioned Soviet nuclear missile launch base (ICBM). This is where you’ll have the chance to push the button that would have ended the world as we know it.
We then finish back in Kiev, with YPT able to offer additional activities, or help with onward transport and accommodation.
Want to extend your YPT adventure? Join one of our great tour extensions
• Letter of Invitation and visa support
• All transport (except transport to Bucharest before tour, onward travel from Kiev after group 1 and onward travel from Kiev after the tour finishes)
• Lunches within Chernobyl Exclusion Zone
• Entrance fees and 50 rounds of firing weapons
• English Speaking local guides and YPT tour leader
• Visa Fees (YPT provides full support)
• Single Supplements (€290)
• Lunches outside of Chernobyl, dinners and drinks
• Personal expenses
• Tips for local guides
We have expert guides ready to help answer any questions you may have.