Join the party and head into North Korea with us to celebrate and welcome in the New Year – Pyongyang style! We’ve planned an extravagant banquet dinner before heading out to join the locals at Kim Il Sung Square to countdown into 2024! There will be a spectacular fireworks display, a live performance from the famous all-female North Korean military pop band – Moranbong Band, and a massive socialist ice sculpture competition.
During your visit in Pyongyang you’ll be exploring all the must see sights of the capital including the Mausoleum where both Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il lay in state, experience the deep mysterious Pyongyang Metro as you ride six stations of line 1! You’ll also have the opportunity to visit the Korean War Museum or formally known as “Victorious Fatherland Liberation War Museum” which coincides with the events of this tour, wander Kim Il Sung Square, visit the top of the Juche tower, browse through a North Korean supermarket, and much more.
No visit to North Korea is complete without exploring the DMZ. This will be your chance to snap a photo with a North Korean soldier as you visit Panmunjom Village and see the very spot where talks between the North and South Korea are held.
Don’t waste any time, book with us now and secure your spot for a one of a kind New Year’s celebration!
Thursday 28th December
Friday 29th December
Saturday 30th December
Sunday 31st December – New Year’s Eve
Monday 1st January – New Year’s Day!
Tuesday 2nd January
Wednesday 3rd January
• Twin share accommodation (single supplements are available for an extra 40 EUR per night).
• Train in and out Beijing-Pyongyang-Beijing. Flights are extra.
• All meals in the DPRK unless specified in the itinerary
• Korean and western guides.
• Air-conditioned bus and driver.
• All entrances (unless otherwise stated).
• Extra drinks and souvenirs.
• Cost of visas.
• Tips for Korean guides and the driver.
• Additional events not listed in the itinerary.
We have expert guides ready to help answer any questions you may have.