On our Hidden Iran tour we are spicing it up as we take you to a different side of this must-see country, seeing all the must-see sights as well as the more hidden and lesser-known locations.
Your tour begins in the thriving capital of Tehran where you’ll visit the mausoleum of Ayatollah Khomeini, the founder of the Islamic Republic of Iran and the leader of the 1979 Iranian Revolution. You’ll also have the opportunity to explore the Revolutionary Martyrs Cemetery, take photos of you in front of anti-US propaganda adjoining the facades of buildings, visit inside the former US embassy, and visit the Azadi Tower – the most famous landmark in Tehran.
We’ll then hit the road for Isfahan to visit royal palaces and mosques, local bazaars and mingle with locals at the gym watching ancient Persian workouts. In Yazd you will see ancient Zoroastrian temples and the famed towers of silence before we stroll around the UNESCO site of Persepolis outside of Shiraz.
Incredible food, friendly locals are unique sites await you! This is a tour for true Pioneers and comes right after our Iraqi Kurdistan or Iraq Combo tour.
Our Iran tour is open to all nationalities except Israeli, if you are from the UK, USA, or Canada the deadline to prepare and secure your visa codes is 1st August 2023. As always YPT provides full visa support for all nationalities.
Wednesday 1st November – Tehran
Thursday 2nd November – Tehran
Friday 3rd November – Tehran – Kashan – Isfahan
Saturday 4th November – Isfahan
Sunday 5th November – Isfahan – Yazd
Monday 6th November – Yazd – Shiraz
Tuesday 7th November – Persepolis – Shiraz
Wednesday 8th November – Shiraz
Want to extend your YPT adventure? Join one of our great tour extensions
• Iranian visa code
• Accommodation on twin share basis with breakfast
• Transport to complete the itinerary including domestic flight for Group B
• English speaking local guide and YPT guide at all times
• Entrance fees
• International flights to/from the tour
• Iranian Visa Fee on arrival or at an embassy as applicable
• Pre-tour accommodation ($55)
• Single supplement (Group A $200)
• Domestic flight from Shiraz – Tehran after tour concludes
• Lunches, dinners and personal expenses
• Tips for the local guides and drivers
We have expert guides ready to help answer any questions you may have.