On our Iran Revolutionary tour your journey begins with us in the thriving capital of Tehran where you’ll visit the mausoleum of Ayatollah Khomeini, the founder of the Islamic Republic of Iran and the leader of the 1979 Iranian Revolution. You’ll also have the opportunity to explore the Revolutionary Martyrs Cemetery, take photos of you in front of anti-US propaganda adjoining the facades of buildings, visit inside the former US embassy, and visit the Azadi Tower – the most famous landmark in Tehran.
We’ll then hit the road for Esfahan to visit royal palaces and mosques, local bazaars and mingle with locals at the gym watching ancient Persian workouts. In Yazd you will see ancient Zoroastrian temples and the famed towers of silence before we stroll around the UNESCO site of Persepolis outside of Shiraz.
Our Iran tour is open to all nationalities except Israeli, if you are from the UK, USA, Canada or Colombia we advise booking no later than 3 months in advanced to give us time to prepare and secure your visa codes. As always YPT provides full visa support for all nationalities.
At the end of the tour, those joining us for our Southern Iraq Ultimate Tour can catch flights to continue on! Or, if you’re really adventurous, also combine it with our Iraqi Kurdistan Newroz festival tour for our complete Iran and Whole Iraq Spring combo tour!
Thursday 3rd March – Tehran
Friday 4th March – Tehran
Saturday 5th March – Tehran – Esfahan
Sunday 6th March – Esfahan
Monday 7th March– Esfahan – Yazd
Tuesday 8th March – Yazd-Shiraz
Wednesday 9th March – Persepolis – Shiraz
Thursday 10th March – Shiraz
Want to extend your YPT adventure? Join one of our great tour extensions
• Iranian visa code
• Accommodation on twin share basis with breakfast
• Transport to complete the itinerary including domestic flight and international ferry ticket
• English speaking local guide and YPT guide at all times
• Entrance fees
• International flights to/from the tour
• Iranian Visa Fee on arrival or at an embassy as applicable
• Pre-tour accommodation (€40) and single supplement €230
• Optional domestic flight from Shiraz back to Tehran €50
• Lunches, dinners and personal expenses
• Tips for the local guides and drivers
We have expert guides ready to help answer any questions you may have.