On our Iran Revolutionary tour your journey begins with us in the thriving capital of Tehran where you’ll visit the mausoleum of Ayatollah Khomeini, the founder of the Islamic Republic of Iran and the leader of the 1979 Iranian Revolution. You’ll also have the opportunity to explore the Revolutionary Martyrs Cemetery, take photos of you in front of anti-US propaganda adjoining the facades of buildings, visit inside the former US embassy, and visit the Azadi Tower – the most famous landmark in Tehran.
We’ll then hit the road for Esfahan to visit royal palaces and mosques, local bazaars and mingle with locals at the gym watching ancient Persian workouts. In Yazd you will see ancient Zoroastrian temples and the famed towers of silence before we stroll around the UNESCO site of Persepolis outside of Shiraz.
This is a tour for true Pioneers and comes right after our Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait Tours which means they can be easily combined! For an absolute epic adventure, you may also further extend your journey on our join our Combo tour throughout the Caucasus, taking in Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia and the unrecognised republic within.
Our Iran tour is open to all nationalities except Israeli, if you are from the UK, USA, Canada or Colombia we advise booking no later than 3 months in advanced to give us time to prepare and secure your visa codes. As always YPT provides full visa support for all nationalities.
Tuesday 22nd March – Tehran
Wednesday 23rd March – Tehran
Thursday 24th April – Tehran – Esfahan
Friday 25th March – Esfahan
Saturday 26th March– Esfahan – Yazd
Sunday 27th March – Yazd-Shiraz
Monday 28th March – Persepolis – Shiraz
Tuesday 29th March – Shiraz
Want to extend your YPT adventure? Join one of our great tour extensions
• Iranian visa code
• Accommodation on twin share basis with breakfast
• Transport to complete the itinerary including domestic flight and international ferry ticket
• English speaking local guide and YPT guide at all times
• Entrance fees
• International flights to/from the tour
• Iranian Visa Fee on arrival or at an embassy as applicable
• Pre-tour accommodation (€40) and single supplement €230
• Optional domestic flight from Shiraz back to Tehran €50
• Lunches, dinners and personal expenses
• Tips for the local guides and drivers
We have expert guides ready to help answer any questions you may have.