Are you looking for a way to spend time with your significant other? If so, look no further! There is a ton of awesome water activities to explore.
Sure, you could go on a canoeing trip or have a picnic by the waterfront. But there’s no need to be so conventional, right?
What you need is something more fun and adventurous. Luckily, there are plenty of low-cost yet fun activities for you and your partner.
We’ve put together a list of creative and romantic water activities that will get you two wet and wild together.
Kayaking is a fantastic way to enjoy the outdoors and nature, especially with someone special.
Whether it’s on a calm lake or white-water rapids, exploring the waters with someone you love on a kayak is sure to be an unforgettable experience. But for safety purposes, we recommend that beginners start in calm waters.
Rent a kayak and spend the day exploring lagoons, inlets, and lakes that are close by.
You can sit facing each other in the kayak’s cockpit for a more romantic setup. Or better still, take turns paddling together while sharing snacks and drinks between takes.
One thing about kayaking is that it’s not only fun and exciting but also a great way to work out. Also, it’s easy to learn, not too strenuous and requires minimal gear.
Whether you’re a novice or an expert, jet skiing is a lot of fun. Jet skis are ideal for couples, as they’re two-seaters that allow you and your partner to enjoy the thrill together.
Couples looking for that adrenaline rush will find jet skiing to be an unforgettable experience. With speeds up to 80 km/h (50 mph), it will give you the thrill of a lifetime!
To make the time on the water even more enjoyable:
- Create an itinerary and plan out what your day will look like before you go out on the water. This way, you’ll have a better idea of how much time you’ll need to get everything done.
- Pack light – try not to bring too many things with you that can’t be strapped down to the boat.
There are all sorts of places where you can jet ski with your partner, from lakes to rivers to oceans. But for your safety, ensure that the water is not less than 24 inches deep.
Spend time on a floating mat in the pool
Floating mats are a fun way to enjoy water activities with your better half, especially in the summer.
You have it tethered to a dock, tethered behind the boat, or just anchored down. Also, you can find a mat large enough to spend a lazy afternoon in the pool with your partner. But No matter what you choose to do, floating mats are a great way to spend quality time with those you love.
One thing about floating mats is that you need to be wary of the quality.
You don’t want something sub-standard that will leak and ruin the moment. Instead, you want the best floating mats that the market has to offer.
Scuba diving can give you the opportunity to explore the deep sea with your significant other in a safe and controlled environment.
Some reasons to scuba dive include:
- Together time: The water provides a comfortable environment for long conversations and physical contact
- Adventure: Explore new destinations and see things from an entirely different perspective
- Cuteness: Who doesn’t love snuggling their partner while they’re wearing their scuba gear?
Scuba diving will provide a uniquely deep connection and intimacy between you, making it insanely romantic.
Water activities are fun as long as you do them safely. Here are some safety tips to ensure nothing will ruin the moment.
- Always have a life jacket or a flotation safety device onboard
- Never mix water activities and alcohol.
- You should wear eye protection, footwear, gloves, and a wetsuit (in colder weather). Eye protection is especially important for high-speed maneuvers in jet skis.
- Always watch for bad weather conditions
- Know your water terrain.
Water activities are a great way to explore the outdoors with your partner. Whether you enjoy adventure and adrenaline-pumping activities like kayaking, or if you prefer leisurely water activities like canoeing and floating mats, there is something for you out there!
The above tips will offer a new perspective on the world around you. They’ll also give you the chance to bond with your partner in an intimate setting. Best of all, they’re extremely affordable, and most require little to no experience or gear!