Our Dark Romania is our comprehensive road trip through the often mysterious lands of Romania tour. We’ll take you to the most important places in the story of Nicolae Ceaușescu, the former Communist dictator of Romania whose trial and execution were shown on TV around the world during the Christmas of 1989. From the place of his birth and the abandoned prison he was locked up as a young man, to the site of his execution and the places of some of the most brutal experiments conducted under Communism. We’ll also explore the significantly eerie sights of the country from haunted forests to Dracula’s castle!
Friday 25th September – Bucharest/Pitesti
Want to extend your YPT adventure? Join one of our great tour extensions
– All accommodation in twin-share hotels
– All transport as per itinerary
– 24 hour services of a bilingual, YPT tour leader and local English speaking tour guide
– Visa fees if required
– Travel insurance
– Single supplement at hotels (€75)
– Pre-tour accommodation (€40)
– Lunch and dinner
We have expert guides ready to help answer any questions you may have.