Following the wild success of our previous farming volunteer programs since 2012, we now offer our Agricultural Tour as an Independent Tour option. We’ve created this program specifically to give you an exclusive insight and experience to traditional organic farming, a skill that DPR Koreans are renowned for and to mingle with farmers and their families.
Chilgol farm is located in the far outskirts of Pyongyang. This farm is operated by over one hundred different Korean families capable of growing cabbage, rice, strawberries, plums, tobacco, sesame seeds, potatoes, corn, cucumbers and chilies.
To partake in this program you must be prepared to get down and dirty with the farmers as we combine teamwork to complete the daily tasks of transplanting rice by hand and other odd jobs around the field. It’s not exactly backbreaking labour, so anyone can join in!
In this tour program you’ll also see the must-see sights of Pyongyang to give you a better understanding of the country.
For all visitors, YPT will also make a contribution to help purchase fuel vouchers to help keep machinery running on the farm. If you would like to donate goods on top of our contribution, please let us know. It is much appreciated and we can help you to choose the items most in need.
This sample itinerary starts from €1805 per person for 2-5 people (twin room share) or €2113 for a solo traveller. DPRK visas are €60 extra per person. Flights can be arranged for an additional cost, please confirm with us for flight schedules.
• Twin share accommodation (single supplements are available for an extra 40 EUR per night).
• Train in and out Beijing-Pyongyang-Beijing flights
• All meals in the DPRK unless specified in the itinerary.
• Korean and western guides.
• Air-conditioned bus and driver.
• All entrances (unless otherwise stated).
• Extra drinks and souvenirs.
• Cost of visas.
• Tips for Korean guides and the driver.
• Additional events not listed in the itinerary.
We have expert guides ready to help answer any questions you may have.