A visa for Pakistan used to be a great hassle. For most, it implied having to apply at a Pakistani embassy in your home country and the procedure was tedious. Now, it is truly a walk in the park!
So what about most countries in the world? It varies per country, but this step by step guide gives you a pretty common overview for getting your Pakistani visa.
This step by step guide gives you a pretty common overview for getting your Pakistani visa.
First, you will need to visit the Pakistani Ministry of Interior to see if you are on the list of the 50 countries that can apply for a visa on arrival or on the list of the 175 countries that can get an e-visa.
If you can get a visa on arrival
Congratulation, you don’t need to do much more apart from the regular preparation to any country which grants you visa on arrival. That is, keep a copy of your flights as well as your hotel booking or the contact information of your tour company in Pakistan.
If you can get an e-visa
1. Apply for the e-visa on the Pakistani MFAs website here
3. On the website, you will need to provide:
- Invitation Letter by the sponsor or hotel booking details in case of individual tourist (YPT can help you with that)
- Invitation Letter in case of group by the tour operator designated by the department of tourist services (YPT can help you with that)
The procedure is very clearly detailed (they’ve even made a step by step guide) but a lot of questions are asked, so make sure you allow yourself a good period of time to go through it all.
4. Wait for approval, this can take up to a week. You will receive an email the moment you finish your application with a tracking number to see what’s happening with your visa.
5. Receive your visa approval, print it out and fly to Pakistan!
If you are from one of the few countries which still can’t get a visa on arrival or an e-visa
- Ask from a tour company (such as us) to provide you with copies of the necessary Pakistani registration.
- Talk to your boss and ask for a letter of employment which states that you work for them. If you are self-employed, get a copy of the official registration of your company. If you’re a student; get a copy of your registration at uni.
- Fill in the Pakistan visa application form.
- Get yourself 2 passport photos (don’t smile!)
- Make 2 copies of the first page of your passport (including any previous Pakistani visas)
- Print a bank statement of the last month.
- Find the nearest Pakistan embassy
- Plan your visit (or use a visa agency)
- Wait for it… (mostly a couple of days)
- Pick it up – you’re ready to go!