Fancy a round of golf while you’re in Pyongyang? Why not add this extension to the golf course? Originally sponsored by the Chongryon Association in Japan, this is currently the only golf course in the country after the removal of the course at Mt Kumgang and the 9 hole course on Yanggak Island.
The 72 par golf course first opened in 1988, and went under major renovations in 2020 to have the facilities and the equipment modernised. Facilities include an indoor swimming pool, ping pong tables, billiards, a gym, golf simulator, golf clothing and equipment store, and various restaurants and bars are also available. You can read more about the resort here.
Tour cost – 1 person €239, 2-5 persons €195 per person
Golf fees (paid separately) – $100USD for 18 holes, $60USD for 9 holes, $50USD for golf cart, clubs and caddie hire. Golf balls are $1USD each or you may bring your own.
- Breakfast in Pyongyang and drive down the Youth Hero Highway towards Nampo to the course.
- Play a round of golf!
- Shower and change in the club rooms.
- Lunch at the golf club (Extra Charge) or bring a picnic lunch to eat at the course (Included)
- Head back to Pyongyang.
- Visit the Three revolutions Exhibition showcasing domestic achievements or relax and unwind at Munsu Water Park (10 euro entry fee).
- Dinner and drinks at a local restaurant in Pyongyang
- Overnight at the Sosan Hotel
- Option 1 (included): Depart at 10:25am on the overnight train to Beijing and enjoy the peaceful countryside of both the DPRK and China. The train will first arrive at Dandong Railway Station at 4:30pm, and then Beijing Railway Station the following day at 8:30am.
- Option 2: €350 – €370 extra per person – flight from Pyongyang Airport to Beijing Capital Airport. Please check flight schedule with us to confirm times.
Please note: if you’re doing this extension from an Ultra Budget tour the overnight train from Dandong to Beijing is not included in the tour cost..