Fancy a round of golf while you’re in Pyongyang? The Pyongyang Golf Course was originally sponsored by the Chongryon Association in Japan, this is currently the only golf course in the country after the removal of the golf course at Mt Kumgang and the 9 hole course on the Yanggak Island.
The 72 par golf course first opened in 1988, and went under major renovations in 2020 to have the facilities and the equipment modernised. Facilities include an indoor swimming pool, ping pong tables, billiards, a gym, golf simulator, golf clothing and equipment store, and various restaurants and bars are also available.
Tour cost – 1 person €239, 2-5 persons €195 per person
Golf fees (paid separately) – $100USD for 18 holes, $60USD for 9 holes, $50USD for golf cart, clubs and caddie hire. Golf balls are $1USD each or you may bring your own.
- Breakfast in Pyongyang
- Drive along the Youth Hero Highway towards Nampo city and arrive at Pyongyang Golf Course.
- Play a round of golf!
- Enjoy a picnic lunch on the course. Alternatively lunch at the resort’s restaurants or bars can be arranged but optional costs are paid directly to the restaurant.
- Continue golfing or enjoy any of the resort’s facilities to unwind and relax
- Freshen up with a shower or sauna before heading back to Pyongyang
- Dinner and drinks at a local restaurant in Pyongyang
- Overnight at the Sosan Hotel
- Option 1 (included): Depart at 10:25am on the overnight train to Beijing and enjoy the peaceful countryside of both the DPRK and China. The train will first arrive at Dandong Railway Station at 4:30pm, and then Beijing Railway Station the following day at 8:30am. Please note: if you’re doing this extension from an Ultra Budget tour the overnight train from Dandong to Beijing is not included in the tour cost.
- Option 2: €370 extra per person – flight from Pyongyang Airport to Beijing Capital Airport. Please check flight schedule with us to confirm times.