We are now offering the chance to extend your group tour in North Korea with our Masikryong Ski Resort extension! Whilst you’re visiting North Korea between December to February why not hit the slopes and enjoy your time in the North Korean wilderness.
The Masikryong Ski resort has been talked about in many international press and now is your chance to experience this skiing resort for yourself. The ski resort has been built to international standards and caters very well for both skiers and non skiers alike!
The facilities include 10 slopes (ranging from beginner skill level to expert), ski equipment (skis, sledges, snowboards) available for all shapes and sizes, snowmobile access, a swimming pool, massage facilities, gym, a steam room, sauna, cafes and a high class restaurant is one of the more exciting ways to enjoy your winter. The resort also has full Internet access for those willing to update their holidays back home to family and friends!
Tour cost – 1 person €550, 2-5 persons €495 per person
- Wake up in Pyongyang for breakfast your hotel and embark on a three-hour journey to Misikryong Ski Resort located towards the east coast of the Korean peninsula
- Once arriving at the ski resort your local guides can take you on an optional tour of the resort to introduce the ski slopes, equipment, the resort facilities and take you up Mt. Taehwabong for an incredible panoramic view of the Masik mountain range 1360 meters above sea level
- Lunch at Masikryong restaurant in the resort
- The afternoon is yours! You may ski, snowboard, hike to nearby frozen streams, swim, play billiards, ping pong, use the sauna facilities, massage or hit the bar.
- Dinner and drinks at Masikryong restaurant
- Overnight in Masikryong Ski Resort
- Wake up for breakfast and hit the slopes or chill at the resort
- Lunch at the restaurant
- Depart to Pyongyang late afternoon (three-hour drive back) on the way stopping at Sinphyong Lagoon for refreshments
- Dinner at a local restaurant in Pyongyang
- Overnight in Sosan Hotel
- Option 1 (included): Depart at 10:25am on the overnight train to Beijing and enjoy the peaceful countryside of both the DPRK and China. The train will first arrive at Dandong Railway Station at 4:30pm, and then Beijing Railway Station the following day at 8:30am.
- Option 2: €350 – €370 extra per person – flight from Pyongyang Airport to Beijing Capital Airport. Please check flight schedule with us to confirm times.
Please note: if you’re doing this extension from an Ultra Budget tour the overnight train from Dandong to Beijing is not included in the tour cost.
Ski Resort Charges
- One Day Ski Pass: €45
- Half Day Ski Pass: €28
The Ski Pass includes entrance fee, chairlift, ski equipment and use of slopes. For those who aren’t skiing they will need to pay the entrance fee of €2.50 each day and €5 euros to use chairlift on the slopes.
Price exclusive of:
- Ski Pass
- Recreational facilities within the resort (sauna, swimming, billiards, ping pong, massage, etc)
- Internet access is $5USD/30 minutes
- Travel insurance
- Flight from Pyongyang to Beijing