Uzbekistan Sample Itinerary – Independent Tours
Day 1 Tashkent
- Meet and transfer to hotel by English speaking staff/ private car.
- Sightseeing in the capital of Uzbekistan, the biggest city in Central Asia with a guide.
- Visit the old part of Tashkent with Khast-Imam Complex and see the world famous Quran of Caliph Uthman.
- In Khast-Imam visit Madrasah of Barak-Khan, Tillya-Sheykh Mosque, Mausoleum of the Saint Abu Bakr Kaffal Shashi and the Islamic Institute of Imam al-Bukhari.
- Explore the vibrant Chorsu Bazaar.
- Then take a ride on Tashkent Metro to the city center and take a walk through Amir Timur Square, Independence Square and the Applied Arts Museum.
- Enjoy free time in the afternoon.
- Overnight at the Uzbekistan Hotel (4 star).
Day 2 Tashkent-Kokand-Ok Yer-Fergana
- Transfer to the train station at 7:00 and catch the train to Kokand, departing at 8:05. *Alternatively go by car; the road takes about 6 hours and goes through the Kamchik Mountain Pass.
- Arrive in Kokand at 12:16. Visit the Khudoyar-Khan Palace, Jami Mosque and Norbut-biy Madrasah.
- Drive to Ok Yer village and visit the house of craftsman Bakhrom-aka to visit a traditional Kyrgyz family manufacturing wool carpets.
- Continue on to Fergana city (80 km) to visit Akhmad Al-Fergani Park.
- Overnight at the Hotel Asia Fergana (4 star).
Day 3 Fergana-Rishtan-Margilan -Tashkent
- In the morning, drive from Fergana to Rishtan to the house of a well-known ceramic master, Rustam Usmanov. Here you can enjoy a pottery workshop and have a look at their ceramics collection in a small museum.
- Drive to Margilan and visit Said Akhmad-Khoja Madrasah. Today, the madrasah is home to a number of craftsmen producing handmade carpets and silk.
- Continue to Yodgorlik Silk factory to see the production process of silk with traditional Ikat patterns.
- If it is Thursday or Sunday, visit Kumtepa Bazaar, the largest market in Fergana Valley.
- At 15:20 transfer to Margilan railway station to take the train to Tashkent, departing at 16:20.
- Arrive in Tashkent at 21:25.
- Transfer to the Uzbekistan Hotel.
Day 4 Tashkent-Samarkand
- Transfer to the Railway Station at 7:15 and catch the high-speed train “Afrosiyob”, leaving for Samarkand at 8:00.
- Arrive in Samarkand at 10:10 and start sightseeing.
- Your tour will include visits to Gur-Emir Mausoleum, Registan Square, Bibi Khanum mosque, Shahi-Zinda necropolis, Ulugbek observatory.
- Overnight in Bibi Khanum Hotel (3 star).
Day 5 Samarkand
- Visit the famous Siab bazaar in Samarkand is early morning, the best time to see the market place in action.
- Free time for the rest of the morning.
- Continue sightseeing in the afternoon, visiting old Afrosiab Museum and the Tomb of Saint Daniel.
- Overnight in Bibi Khanum Hotel
Day 6 Samarkand-Shakhrisabz-Bukhara
- In the morning depart Samarkand and drive to Bukhara via Shakhrisabz (275 km, 4 hours).
- Stop in Shakhrisabz for a city tour. Here you’ll visit the Mausoleum of Jakhongir in Dor-us Saodat Memorial Complex, the remains of Ak-Saray Palace, the Dor-ut Tilavat Ensemble with Kok-Gumbaz Mosque and the burial vault of Tamerlane’s father.
- In the afternoon continue driving to Bukhara (90 km, 2 hours).
- Arrive in Bukhara and check in to the hotel.
- Overnight at the Omar Khayam Hotel (4 star).
Day 7 Bukhara
- Your city tour of Bukhara will include vists to the Lyabi-Khauz Complex, Magoki-Attori Mosque, Chor-Minor Madrasah, trade domes, Kalyan Minaret, Kalyan Mosque and Miri-Arab Madrasah, Ulugbek and Abdulazizkhan. Madrasahs, Ark Fortress, Bolo-Khauz Mosque, Ismail Samani and Chashma-Ayub mausoleums.
- Overnight at the Omar Khayam Hotel.
Day 8 Bukhara-Khiva
- Set off in the morning for Khiva along, through the Kizilkum desert. (480 km, 7-8 hours).
- Stop en-route to enjoy views of the Amudarya River and the desert.
- Arrive in Bukhara in the late afternoon and check in to the hotel.
- Free time for the rest of the day.
- Overnight at the Bek Khiva Hotel (4 star).
*We advise preparing lunch-boxes for this trip as there aren’t many places to stop along the way.
*Some parts of the road are presently being renovated, so travel times may vary depending on exactly when you do this tour.
Day 9 Khiva
- Spend a day at the UNESCO World Heritage site, Itchan-Kala Fortress, which is a living museum under the open sky.
- Take a walking sightseeing tour in Khiva with a guide: visit Kunya-Ark Citadel, Tash-Khovli Palace, Mukhammad Aminkhan Madrasah, Mukhammad Rahimkhan Madrasah, Kalta-Minor, Juma Mosque, Pakhlavan Makhmud Mausoleum, and Minaret of Islam-Khoja. Free time in the afternoon.
- Overnight at the Bek Khiva Hotel.
Day 10 Khiva-Nukus
- After breakfast, drive to Nukus (200 km, 4-5 h.).
- Arrive in Nukus and drive to the former fishermen’s town of Muynak (220 km, 3 h.), which used to be situated on the shores of Aral Sea. On the way you can stop at the archaeological complex of Mizdakhan.
- In Muynak have a look at a former port with abandoned ships in the sand – “Cemetery of ships”.
- Then visit the Local History Museum with art exhibits of the Aral Sea history.
- In the afternoon return to Nukus.
- Overnight at the Jipek Joli Hotel (3 star).
Day 11 Nukus-Tashkent
- Visit the Savitsky Karakalpakstan Art Museum. This museum hosts the world’s second largest collection of Russian avant-garde art and an exhibition of Karakalpak applied arts.
- Take a short drive around center of Nukus: You’ll see the statue of Karakalpak poet Berdakh, Nukus City Hall, and the Drama Theatre.
- Transfer to the Airport to catch your flight back to Tashkent.
- Overnight at the Uzbekistan Hotel.
Day 12 Tashkent/Back to home
- Transfer to the airport according to your departure flight time.
Based on 2 pax per group: USD 895 pp
- Accommodation based on TWN rooms
- Breakfast in the Hotels
- All sightseeing as specified in the itinerary
- Overland transportation by AC transport
- All airport-hotel-airport transfers
- Portage services in hotels
- 2 bottle of 0.5 L still water per pax per day
- International flights
- Camera and Video charges during the sightseeing
- Domestic flight ($120 if you would like us to book this for you)
- Train Tashkent-Kokand-Margilan-Tashkent ($25 if you would like us to book this for you)
- Meals ($10 per meal if you’d like us to arrange this for you, otherwise you can find places to eat quite easily during the itinerary)
- English speaking escort guide ($60$ per day if you’d like this, plus train and plane tickets)
- City guide ($35 per day)