Extend your visit to North Korea by heading up north to visit Mt Myohyang where the incredibly unique International Friendship Exhibition is built into the mountain and displaying every gift presented to Kim Il Sung, Kim Jong Il and Kim Jong Un from people, governments and institutions all over the world. One of the absolute must see sights of North Korea.
During this extension you’ll also have the chance to explore the stunning natural beauty and traditional Korean architecture of Pohyon Temple, dine at a five star restaurant and explore Ryongmun (Dragon) Cavern – one of the most famous cave complexes in the DPRK and is famous for its stalactite and stalagmite formations.
Tour cost – Option 1 €239, 2-5 person €195 / Option 2 €350
- Drive out to Mt Myohyang – 2 and a half hours north of Pyongyang.
- Visit the very famous International Friendship Exhibition – two large gift houses holding the gifts presented to Kim Il Sung, Kim Jong Il and Kim Jong Un from people, governments and institutions all over the world.
- Pohyon Temple – An incredibly scenic spot, one of the five famous temples of Korea and one of the largest Buddhist temples in the DPRK.
- Lunch at the Hyangsan Hotel – a five-star deluxe hotel situated between the mountain ranges of Mt. Myohyang
- Drive back to Pyongyang and on the way stopping at Ryongmun (Dragon) Cavern
- Arrive at Pyongyang and head to head to the Meari Shooting Range which been recently renovated and equipped with rifles, pistols, archery, virtual games and automatic rifles. $0.50USD cents per bullet. One of the pistols was personally gifted by Kim Jong Un and is possible to use it.
- Dinner and drinks at a local restaurant in Pyongyang
- Evening walk along Ryomyong street – a new residential street constructed in 2017 with a metro station, local shops and lines of new tall apartment buildings
- Overnight at Sosan Hotel.
- Option 1 (included): Depart Pyongyang at 10:25 am on the train back to China and enjoy the peaceful countryside of the DPRK. You will arrive at Dandong Railway Station at 4:30pm.
- Option 2: €350 – €370 extra per person – flight from Pyongyang Airport to Beijing Capital Airport. Please check flight schedule with us to confirm times.