Extend your visit to North Korea by heading further north of Pyongyang to visit Mt Myohyang where the incredibly unique International Friendship Exhibition is built into the mountain and displaying gifts presented to Kim Il Sung, Kim Jong Il and Kim Jong Un from people, governments and institutions all over the world. One of the absolute must see sights of North Korea.
During this extension you’ll also have the chance to explore the stunning natural beauty and traditional Korean architecture of Pohyon Temple, dine at a five star restaurant and explore Ryongmun (Dragon) Cavern – one of the most famous cave complexes in the DPRK and is famous for its stalactite and stalagmite formations.
Tour extension cost – 1 person – €239, 2+ people – €195 per person
- Drive out to Mt Myohyang – 2 and a half hours north of Pyongyang.
- Visit the very famous International Friendship Exhibition – two large gift houses holding the gifts presented to Kim Il Sung, Kim Jong Il and Kim Jong Un from people, governments and institutions all over the world.
- Pohyon Temple – An incredibly scenic spot, one of the five famous temples of Korea and one of the largest Buddhist temples in the DPRK.
- Lunch at the Hyangsan Hotel – a five-star deluxe hotel situated between the mountain ranges of Mt. Myohyang
- Drive back to Pyongyang and on the way stopping at Ryongmun (Dragon) Cavern – bring a jacket as the caves can get quite cool even during summer.
- Arrive at Pyongyang and head to the Meari Shooting Range which has been recently renovated and equipped with rifles, pistols, archery, virtual games and automatic rifles. 50 US cents or 3RMB cents per bullet. One of the pistols was personally gifted by Kim Jong Un and is possible to fire it.
- Dinner and drinks at a local restaurant in Pyongyang
- Evening walk along along Taedong River
- Overnight at Sosan Hotel.
- Option 1 (included): Depart at 10:25am on the overnight train to Beijing and enjoy the peaceful countryside of both the DPRK and China. The train will first arrive at Dandong Railway Station at 4:30pm, and then Beijing Railway Station the following day at 8:30am. Please note: if you’re doing this extension from an Ultra Budget tour the overnight train from Dandong to Beijing is not included in the tour cost.
- Option 2: €370 extra per person – flight from Pyongyang Airport to Beijing Capital Airport. Please check flight schedule with us to confirm times.