We’ve combined the celebrations of North Korea’s Victory Day with an exciting trip to the stunning Mt Paektu located at the far northeast of the Korean peninsula. You’ll embark on our very own Air Koryo chartered Antonov flight to reach a path well off the beaten track!
Whilst you’re exploring the northeast region, we’ll stop by Secret Base Camp where the North Koreans say Kim Jong Il was born, explore early revolutionary campsites where the Koreans began to stage their attack against the Imperialist Japanese and stay overnight in the quiet mountainous town of Samjiyon.
During your tour, you’ll be exploring all the must-see sights of Pyongyang including the Mausoleum where both Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il lay in state. You’ll also experience the deep and mysterious Pyongyang Metro as you ride not two but six stations of line 1! You’ll also have the opportunity to visit the Korean War Museum and see the North Korean’s story of the war that took place against the UN.
No trip to the DPRK is complete without visiting Panmunjom (the DMZ) from the north side where North and South Korea meet head-on! As well as catching the Mass Dance performance with over 3,000 students and fireworks!
Don’t miss out on the celebrations marking Victory Day in the DPRK this summer! We’ll partake in all celebrations held in Pyongyang such as the Mass Dance and possible fireworks. This is one of the largest holidays of the year and with our very own flight up to Mt. Paektu, it’s an adventure not to be missed!
Thursday 21st July
Friday 22nd July
Saturday 23rd July – Mt. Paektu
Sunday 24th July
Monday 25th July
Tuesday 26th July
Wednesday 27th July – Victory Day!
Thursday 28th July
Friday 29th July
Saturday 30th July
• Twin share accommodation (single supplements are available for an extra 40 EUR per night).
• Train in and out Beijing-Pyongyang-Beijing
• Chartered Air Koryo return flights (Pyongyang – Samjiyon).
• All meals in the DPRK unless specified in the itinerary.
• Korean and western guides
• Air-conditioned bus and driver
• All entrances (unless otherwise stated)
• Flights between Beijing and Pyongyang
• Extra drinks and souvenirs
• Cost of visas
• Tips for Korean guides and the driver.
We have expert guides ready to help answer any questions you may have.