In this in-depth tour, we will explore some of Uzbekistan’s most off the beaten track sites. We’ll see a fantastic mixture of Silk Road and Soviet histories as we explore both the main attractions and some of the more unique places in these two fascinating Central Asian republics.
We’ll visit a still-working Soviet-built solar furnace, ride roller coasters at Tashkentland, see a crazy fashion show, go wine tasting, and go into an Uzbek style synagogue. We’ll explore Yangiabad, a formerly closed Soviet town inhabited by exiled miners, and will peer into one of the earth’s most infamous man-made natural disasters, the elusive Aral Sea.
If you’d like to explore Turkmenistan as well, you can join us on the Grand Turkmen and Uzbek Combo for the tour of a lifetime!
Day 1 – Friday, June 14th
Day 2 – Saturday, June 15th
Day 3 – Sunday, June 16th
Day 4 – Monday, June 17th
Day 5 – Tuesday, June 18th
Day 6 – Wednesday, June 19th
Day 7 – Thursday, June 20th
Day 8 – Friday, June 21st
Day 9 – Saturday, June 22nd
Want to extend your YPT adventure? Join one of our great tour extensions
• LOI and registration in Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan
• All transport according to the itinerary
• Local English speaking guide
• Western YPT guide
• Accommodation according to itinerary in twin/double share
• Entrance fees to all sites outlined on the itinerary
• Breakfast every day
• Dinner on Day 6
• Travel arrangements to and from Tashkent at the start and end of the tour
• Visa for Uzbekistan
• Meals other than those stipulated (allow up to $10 per meal)
• Drinks at meals
• Single supplement for accommodation ($195)
• Photo/video fees at sites (not at all sites, but usually $2-10 depending on the site)
• Tips for guides (not obligatory, and up to your personal discretion)
• Any other personal expenses such as souvenirs.
We have expert guides ready to help answer any questions you may have.