This year North Korea will be celebrating one of DPRK’s biggest holiday of the year for their Independence Day! We’re expecting this celebration to be quite huge with thousands of locals partaking in the mass dance performance and with fireworks planned later in the evening.
During our tour in Pyongyang, we’ll be visiting the Kim Il Sung Square, stopping by a local funfair, exploring the deep Pyongyang Metro, visiting the Mausoleum where Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il lay in state, visiting the Korean War Museum, and much more!
No trip to the DPRK is every complete without visiting the DMZ. To make this trip extra special we’ve arranged to visit the Concrete Wall – this is off the beaten track and gives us a great glimpse at the wall which was erected by the South Koreans during the 70’s. We can even see South Korean watchtowers along the hill from the DPRK post.
The Mass Games, the world’s largest performance with over 100,000 performers is expected to take place during this tour! Now is your chance to watch this grand spectacular performance. Tickets are on-top of tour cost and is paid in cash during your tour in Pyongyang. We highly recommend securing your spot on tour early as we expect spaces to fill up very quickly.
Ticket costs for Mass Games below:
|Ticket Class||Original Price (Per Person)|
|3rd Class||€100 / 800RMB|
|2nd Class||€300 / 2,300RMB|
|1st Class||€500 / 3800RMB|
|VIP||€800 / 6000RMB|
Sunday 5th September
Monday 6th September
Tuesday 7th September
Wednesday 8th September
Thursday 9th September – National Day!
Friday 10th September
Saturday 11th September
Want to extend your YPT adventure? Join one of our great tour extensions
• Twin share accommodation (single supplements are available for an extra 40 EUR per night).
• Train in and out Beijing-Pyongyang-Beijing. Flights are extra.
• All meals in the DPRK unless specified in the itinerary.
• Korean and western guides
• Air-conditioned bus and driver.
• All entrances (unless otherwise stated).
• Extra drinks and souvenirs.
• Cost of visas.
• Tips for Korean guides and the driver.
• Additional events not listed in the itinerary.
• Cost of Mass Games ticket
We have expert guides ready to help answer any questions you may have.