This year we are spicing things up with our Iran itinerary and taking you to a different side of this must-see country, seeing all the must-see sights as well as the more hidden ones.
In the thriving capital of Tehran you will visit the mausoleum of Ayatollah Khomeini and revolutionary martyrs cemetery before you see the famous anti-US propaganda adjoining the facades of buildings and the former US embassy.
You then hit the road for Esfahan and see royal palaces and mosques, local bazaars and hang out with locals at the gym watching ancient Persian workouts. In Yazd you will see ancient Zoroastrian temples and the famed towers of silence before we stroll around the UNESCO site of Persepolis outside of Shiraz.
For Group B we are really pushing the boundaries and heading to the south of the country where we will see southern coastal cities and spend a night on the island of Hormuz located in the Hormuz Straits, one of the global politics hotspots of the world where we will relax with the locals and swim in the sea on this unique part of the country.
To top it all off those on Group B can exit the country via ferry direct to Dubai across the Persian Gulf!
This tour is open to all nationalities except Israeli, if you are from the UK, the USA, Canada or Colombia we advise booking no later than 3 months before the tour to give us time to secure the visa codes. As always YPT provides full visa support for all nationalities. This is a tour for true Pioneers and comes right after our Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait Tours which means they can be easily combined! All tours can be done as standalone, or combined with discounts.
Wednesday 28th October – Tehran
Thursday 29th October – Tehran
Friday 30th October – Tehran-Esfahan
Saturday 31st October – Esfahan
Sunday 1st November – Esfahan-Yazd
Monday 2nd November – Yazd-Shiraz
Tuesday 3rd November – Persepolis-Shiraz
Wednesday 4th November – End of Group A, beginning of Group B
Thursday 5th November – Hormuz Island
Friday 6th November – Hormuz Island-Bandar Lengeh
Saturday 7th November – Iran-Dubai Ferry
Want to extend your YPT adventure? Join one of our great tour extensions
· Iranian visa code
· Accommodation on twin share basis with breakfast
· Transport to complete the itinerary including domestic flight and international ferry ticket
· English speaking local guide and expert YPT guide at all times
· Entrance fees unless otherwise specified
· International flights to/from the tour
· Iranian Visa Fee on arrival or at an embassy as applicable
· Pre-tour accommodation (€40) and single supplement (€180)
· Shiraz-Tehran Flight on last day of Group A (€50) if departing from Tehran
· Lunches, dinners and personal expenses
· Tips for the local guides and drivers
We have expert guides ready to help answer any questions you may have.