Grab your football boots and head to Pyongyang! On this tour we’ll be playing a five-a-side game against Pyongyang locals, visiting the Pyongyang International Football School to chat with students who are hopeful of a career in football and observe a training session, and top it all off by taking in the Qatar 2022 World Cup Qualifying match between the DPRK and Turkmenistan!
This will be the last group game in the second round, and between two of our favourite countries. With only the top team guaranteed to progress to the final round the big story is that the DPRK have been drawn in the same group as the ROK – South Korea. Lebanon and Turkmenistan will also provide stern tests for the DPRK team though, and Sri Lanka hope to be the surprise package.
We’ll be paying a special visit to the 100,000-seater Kim Il Sung stadium too, as well as taking in all the best sights Pyongyang has to offer and visiting the ancient city of Kaesong and the DMZ.
We’re also paying special attention to Pyongyang’s increasingly famous micro-breweries, buzzing new bar scene, and of course the wonderful restaurants of Pyongyang.
Sign up as a 5-a-side team and get a €50 discount each, you can play as your own team or we will be making mixed teams of YPT people and local Koreans.
Sunday 7th June
Monday 8th June
Tuesday 9th June
Wednesday 10th June
Thursday 11th June
Friday 12th June
Saturday 13th June
• Twin share accommodation (single supplements are available for an extra 40 EUR per night).
• Train in and out Beijing-Pyongyang-Beijing. Flights are extra.
• All meals in the DPRK unless specified in the itinerary.
• Korean and western guides
• Air-conditioned bus and driver.
• All entrances (unless otherwise stated).
• Extra drinks and souvenirs.
• Cost of visas.
• Tips for Korean guides and the driver.
• Football match tickets (usually €50)
• Additional events not listed in the itinerary.
We have expert guides ready to help answer any questions you may have.