In China and you want to visit North Korea for a day on budget? Or just coming back from a North Korea trip and want to explore one last North Korean city before heading home? Our Sinuiju day trip gives you the perfect opportunity to get a deeper look to the cosy Sinuiju city that lies directly across the Yalu River from Dandong. During this tour, you’ll be able to experience the real deal of North Korean customs, explore the large central square where the giant bronze statue of President Kim Il Sung stands, partake in many local folklore activities, watch a breathtaking children’s performance at the local kindergarten and visit many of the fascinating museums.
Group tour – 1690 Chinese RMB – It’s possible to join a group of Chinese tourists. In this case you will have your own local English speaking guides in both Dandong and Sinuiju.
Independent tour – 1 person 2690RMB, 2-5 persons 2290RMB per person, 6-9 persons 1990RMB, 10+ persons 1690RMB with local English speaking guides in both areas. Extension option – Staying in Dandong Railway Hotel is extra charge. Prices are seasonal.
Unfortunately, tourists travelling on US passports are unable to partake in this tour due to restrictions against using the border crossing between Sinuiju and Dandong (China).
- Meet your Chinese local guide in the lobby of Dandong Railway Hotel at 8:00am.
- Cross through Chinese customs at Dandong and board a bus to cross the Friendship Bridge into Sinuiju, North Korea and go through North Korean customs.
- Your two local Korean guides will meet you as you exit Korean customs and begin your tour.
- Explore the large central square of Sinuiju and see the statue of President Kim Il Sung.
- Visit the North Phyongan Province Revolutionary History Museum – This will go into detail about the history of the local province.
- Mosaic images of the “Three Tigers of Mt. Paektu” Kim Il Sung, Kim Jong Il and Kim Jong Suk.
- Go to the local Folklore Park where you can engage in traditional Korean activities and some more modern activities too (extra charges apply for partaking in the local games, these will vary from game to game) or you can simply walk around and enjoy the scenery and watch the locals.
- Lunch at the Myohyangsan Travel Company Restaurant which also features a great souvenir shop.
- Provincial History Museum – This museum focuses mostly on ancient of Korea and also contains revolutionary history.
- Sinuiju Kindergarten and performance – Famous for training the Children who perform in the skipping scene of the Arirang Mass Games as well as its long history of training artistic performers. The performance here is the best of any Kindergarten in the country.
- Board the 5:30pm bus and go through Korean customs to finish tour in Dandong, China. If you would like to take the overnight sleeper train back to Beijing please let us know.
- End of tour.
All local guides (both Chinese and Korean) are fluent in English and hold a wealth of knowledge about the areas.
To arrange the visa, we need 10 working days and a copy of the attached visa form as well as a passport scan.
In Dandong (at least one day before the tour starts), you will need to provide our Dandong partner with a copy of your passport and two passport photos so they can issue the visa.
Also, you cannot take any electronic devices or mobile phones (except camera, with no GPS sign attached to Camera) into Sinuiju at this time and any items can be left with our Dandong partner office if you need, who will look after it for you.
You may also wish to provide your Korean guide with a tip, this is up to you but we recommend 100RMB, but it’s not at all mandatory.
If you have any further questions, please contact us and we’ll be happy to help.