Day 1: Airport – Ashgabat
- Meet at the airport in the afternoon or evening and transfer to the hotel.
Day 2: Tolkuchka Bazaar- Ashgabat
- In the morning, drive out of Ashgabat to the Tolkuchka Bazaar.
- On the way back to Ashgabat, visit Ertogrul Ghazi mosque, history museum, Nisa, Turkmenbashy spiritual mosque and mausoleum in Kipchak.
- Return to Ashgabat and continue sightseeing: Visit Independence park and the monument of the Ruhnama (which unfortunately doesn’t open any more, but is still an amazing and unique monument), Tower of Neutrality, The Wheel of Englightenment (which if it’s open you can take a ride on, but is often closed), and the other monuments.
- After sunset, drive to the Palace of Happiness (Wedding Palace), where you can take panoramic photos of Ashgabat. Continue to the amusement park in First Park.
- Return in hotel late in the evening.
Day 3: Ashgabat- Nokhur, 175 km
- Visit the shopping centers and bazaars in Ashgabat for souvenir shopping (Russian bazaar, Impash, Berkarar). Visit bookstores of the town, including the university bookshop where you can find some excellent books written about and by the president, posters, postcards, badges etc. Visit souvenir and rugs shops.
- Drive to Kov Ata cave lake on the outskirts of Ashgabat.
- After enjoying a swim in the lake, continue driving to the Kopet Dag mountains.
- Arrive in Nohur village and stay at local home.
Day 4: Nokhur – Balkanabat, 290 km
- Enjoy exploring the mountains.
- Drive to Balkanabat, stopping en-route at Parau Bibi pilgrimage and Mollakara salt lake beach.
- Arrive in Balkanabat and spend the night there.
Day 5: Balkanabat- Yangy Kala- Turkmenbashy- Avaza, 350 km
- Drive to Yangy Kala canyons, stopping along the way at different viewpoints.
- Visit Gozli Ata pilgrimage.
- Drive to Avaza Caspian Sea resort.
- Drive around Avaza and spend the night in one of the hotels there.
Day 6: Turkmenbashy- Ashgabat- Darvaza, FLT + drive 257 km
- Morning flight to Ashgabat.
- In the afternoon, drive to Darvaza.
- Start to visit gas craters along the route (first full of water, second – with mud at the bottom, in both gas can be seen bubbling through it).
- Leave the road and follow desert trails to arrive at The Gates of Hell. See the fiery crater after sunset.
- Camp in the desert near the crater.
Day 7: Darvaza- Ashgabat, drive 257 km
- Return to Ashgabat.
- Arrive in Ashgabat and have some free time in the afternoon.
Day 8: Ashgabat- airport
- Free time in Ashgabat.
- Airport transfer according to your flight time.
Group 1 person 1695 USD
Group 2 persons 1075 USD per person
- Letter of invitation, registration
- Local flight tickets Turkmenbashy – Ashgabat
- Bottled water every day
- Accommodation in twin rooms as below:
|Hotel||Number of nights/City|
- Visa for Turkmenistan (currently $85 at the airport on arrival)
- Arrival tax at the airport (currently $12, paid at the airport on arrival)
- Meals ($195 per person if you’d like to include lunch and dinner every day)
- Local Escort English speaking guide ($555 if you’d like to include this)
- Entrance tickets at History museum (former National history museum) $20 per ticket, Nisa $8 per ticket, Kov Ata cave lake $10 per ticket – this can be paid at the sites directly
One day extension option:
- After arrival to Ashgabat catch the afternoon train to Mary, arriving at around 22:00.
- Spend the night in Mary.
- Visit Merv.
- Return to Mary.
- Catch the late afternoon flight to Ashgabat.
- Transfer to the airport as per flight time.
Group 2 persons 235 USD per person