Overnight in Pyongyang – Weekend Getaway
We’ve designed our Overnight in Pyongyang Weekend Getaway tour to be the cheapest and quickest possible way to visit Pyongyang city. We’ve created this tour for those travellers already in China or for those simply travelling through that do not have the time or budget to do a full length DPRK trip.
By making use of travelling from Dandong, which is the Chinese border city to the DPRK and is easily reachable from most of China, we are able to offer a great price that has you in the country for 1 night and 2 days, which is inclusive of seeing all the main sites of Pyongyang such as the iconic grand statues of the leaders, visiting a Pyongyang school, riding the deep and mysterious Pyongyang Metro, visiting the Juche tower, and much more.
What makes this tour even more exciting is using an Air Koryo Antonov 24 plane to fly domestically to and from Pyongyang.
So why not make the most out of your weekend and join us for a tour to North Korea!
395 euro per person
- Meet us in front of Dandong Railway Station at 8:00am we we’ll hand over your DPRK visa, tickets, and discuss any other questions you may have about the DPRK.
- Enter Chinese border control and depart for Sinuiju (DPRK border town) at 9:00am for the extensive border control from the DPRK side.
- Arrive in Sinuiju at 10:00am to a warm welcome by your local Korean guides
- Head to the nearby airport in Uiju and depart on a domestic Air Koryo flight (flying a classic Ukrainian Antonov-24)
- Arrive in Pyongyang at 11:00am
- Lunch in Pyongyang International Airport lounge
- Walk through Mansudae fountain park and see the mosaic pictures of President Kim Il Sung and the leader Kim Jong Il.
- Visit Mansudae Grand Monument to show our respects to the President Kim Il Sung and the Leader Kim Jong Il. (Optional extra- you can present flowers if you wish: 4 euros).
- Pyongyang Metro! Ride from Stop 1 to Stop 2 then on to stop 6! Exiting to:
- The Arch of Triumph- The largest Victory Arch on the planet – it celebrates the victory over the Japanese and the return of the general Kim Il Sung to his home city
- Stop by Pyongyang Middle School No. 1 and visit students during their classes and watch a school performance
- Visit Mansugyo Beer Bar – a very popular spot for the locals to drink at
- Dinner at a local restaurant where you can eat Pyongyang’s famous cold noodle dish or a Korean traditional Bibimbap dish
- Overnight and drinks at the Sosan Hotel
- Foreign Language Bookshop – with a large selection of books in English and other European Languages as well as other souvenirs followed by a short walk to:
- Kim Il Sung Square the central square of Pyongyang city and the place where all the action happensUp nice and early and drive back to Sinuiju
- Visit the Juche Tower – (optional 5 euro to go to the top).
- Monument to the Party Foundation- Built in 1995 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the founding of the worker’s party.
- Lunch at Korean Hot Pot restaurant
- Visit the Three Revolutionary Exhibition – the exhibition primarily showcases the three revolutions of Kim Il Sung, the ideological, technical,and cultural.
- Head to Pyongyang Aiport and return to Uiju on an Air Koryo domestic flight
- Arrive in Uiju at 4:30pm and be transported back to Sinuiju
- Exit Sinuiju customs and re-enter China arriving in Dandong at 5:00pm
If you wish to stay the night in Dandong, to partake in a day tour to explore the city of Dandong, or would like assistance with booking train tickets please contact us.
Price inclusive of:
- All transport and flights
- All accommodation
- All entrances
- All guide fees
- All meals
Price exclusive of:
- DPRK Visa 50 Euro (we can arrange this for you)