We’ve specifically designed this extension tour to not only fit in comfortably with your DPRK tour with us but also your chance to see all the must see sights in China’s vast capital, all in one neat and tidy package. So to save yourself stressing about navigating Beijing’s subway or putting up with language barriers with Beijing’s fierce taxi drivers, we are able to provide you with a fun and playful local tour guide!
The tour will take you to see Chairman Mao’s Mausoleum, the Great Wall of China, the Forbidden city, the trendy Studio 798 and the Chinese Army Military Museum using all means of transport. Please bring your passport with you for the Beijing tour. Your passport may be required for some entrances!
€595 per person
- We organise a pick up for you from your arrival point in Beijing (in the airport or any of the train stations around the city).
- The driver will take you to the Zhong Gu Hotel (中谷酒店) where you will check into a comfortable twin room.
- The rest of the day is free for you to go explore, chill out or make an early debut in the Beijing bar scene nearby.
- Meet your local guide at 9:00am in the lobby of the hotel and prepare to see some of Beijing’s main highlights.
- The first stop will be at the world famous Tiananmen Square where you’ll visit Chairman Mao Zedong’s Mausoleum (providing it is open).
- Explore the ancient political centre that is the Forbidden City – the base of power from the Ming Dynasty to the end of Qing Dynasty, a period of over 500 years!
- Lunch at a nearby restaurant in the heart of the city to try some famous local Beijing dishes!
- Visit Jingshan Park – This is the very centre of Beijing with fantastic 360 degree views. During the day, we can find masses of old Chinese people marching and singing red songs about Mao Zedong – a great photo opportunity!
- Walk to Drum and Bell tour in Gulou – These two tours were used as musical instruments in ancient China. Later they were used by the Chinese communist government and communities to announce the time.
- Pass through the small Hutong alleys as we make our way to Houhai Lake to have a few drinks or coffee at the beautiful inner city Beijing park.
- Back to the hotel and a free evening.
- Overnight at Zhong Gu Hotel
- Leave the hotel at 9:00am, and travel by subway to visit Lama Temple, also known as Yonghe Lamasery. It’s a temple and monastery of the Geluk School of Tibetan Buddhism.
- Visit the Military Museum of the Chinese People’s Revolution – It displays restored military equipment from the history of the People’s Liberation Army, up to and including modern-day machinery.
- Lunch will be the most famous (and most delicious) of all the local Beijing dishes – Peking Duck!
- Head to Studio 798 to explore what was a military factory over 50 years ago which has now been transformed into the trendy modern art centre of Beijing. Here we can visit old aircraft hangers filled with local and international artists work, the joint factory where machinery was made for the Soviet Union and East Germany and we can also visit the Mansudae Art Studio, the North Korean art exhibit displayed in Beijing. Definitely one of our favourite sites in Beijing!
- Free evening in Beijing with the option of seeing a variety of shows including the world famous Kung Fu Show or Acrobat Show (extra cost).
- Overnight at the Zhong Gu Hotel
Day 4 – The Great Wall of China visit
- Early wake up, and 8:30am set off in your private car to visit the Mutianyu Great Wall section. It is possible to take a cable car up the mountain to reach the wall and if you are daring enough you can even try tobogganing back down! (Both at optional extra cost).
- This part of the wall is the best-preserved original part of the Great Wall and also the most beautiful. This section was very vital as it used to serve as the northern barrier defending the capital and the imperial tombs.
- Lunch will be had out near the wall – you can choose between traditional Chinese dishes or something a little closer to home.
- Back to Beijing to see the Olympic park, have a photo stop at the Bird’s Nest Stadium and the Water Cube which show the more modern side to the city.
- Back to the hotel for a free evening.
- Overnight at the Zhong Gu Hotel
- Your morning is free, before you meet the rest of the DPRK group at the pre-tour meeting location for the briefing and get ready for your North Korean trip!
The price includes:
- 4 nights at Beijing City Line Hotel in twin room
- English speaking tour guide on Day 2, Day 3, and Day 4
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel (with driver only)
- Subway and taxi fees on Day 2 and Day 3
- Private car with driver on Day 4 for proposed sightseeing transfer
- All the entry tickets listed on the itinerary
- Lunches on Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4
The price excludes:
- Other meals which are not stated on the itinerary
- Tips to local guide
- Personal expenses such as drinks and other taxi rides not mentioned above
Important note: most tourist places are closed on Monday. This will require us to swap some days around so it may not be exactly in the order above. However, we will guarantee you will not miss out on anything!.